ns aims to promote
the principles and practice of democratic enterprise, common ownership,
co-operation and community control within the social economy.
In particular, it will promote enterprises whose governance, management and
ownership are characterised by democratic and participative structures at employee,
community and member levels.
ns seeks to achieve
its mission by:
• regularly publishing its magazine and additional material via the internet
• exploring the issues affecting the social economy in England, Scotland,
Wales and Ireland
• demonstrating how democracy and participation can empower and harness
the skills and energies of employees, members, communities and other stakeholders
• spreading learning and good practice demonstrated by enterprises and
support organisations at local, regional, national and international levels
• exploring how community and co-operative enterprises can contribute to
the creation of a richer society, combating social exclusion.
ns is a joint
Business Scotland Network
and Community Finance
Trusts Association Scotland
Economy Agency Northern Ireland
The members would welcome the involvement of other organisations and individuals.